The Colorado Air and Space Port Air Traffic Control Tower (ATCT) is the tallest general aviation tower in the United States.
The ATCT callsign is "Spaceport Tower."
Hours of Operation 0700-2100 Local
|Pilot Controlled Lighting||120.20|
After Hours 2100-0700 Local
|AWOS||119.025 — 303-261-9104|
KCFO Tower Tips
- Remember to turn your radio volume up before you call for taxi and never turn it down while operating within the Class Delta airspace or on the movement areas.
- Know what you need to say before you key your mic. It is not required for you to establish communications before you make your request so on initial call tell the tower/ground the following information:
- Who you are
- Where you are
- The ATIS code
- What you want to do
- Listen to the frequency before you transmit. If you hear tower/ground issue instructions to another aircraft wait for that aircraft to respond before you call unless you have an emergency or imminent situation that requires immediate attention.
- The tower is required to get a read back of all runway assignments, clearances and hold short instructions. Your read back is NOT complete without your call sign.
- At times KCFO tower is operating with a single controller. Be patient - the controller may need to set priorities but will respond to you in time.
- After initial call up you may drop your full call sign and just say your type and the last 3 digits. This reduces frequency congestion.
- Inform ATC if unable to comply with an instruction issued. The controllers will plan other actions around your ability to comply with an instruction.
- Inform ATC if you do not understand a control instruction. We have no problem rephrasing instructions and talking it out until we are all on the same page.
- If you want other than a landing clearance let the tower know. A clearance to land is not a clearance to do a touch and go, etc., separation standards change depending on the type of operation.
- When exiting the runway continue forward until your aircraft is past the hold line.
- "Roger" lets the tower know that you heard them. Use "Affirmative" and "Negative" to answer yes and no.
- By Letter of Agreement, Denver TRACON controls the airspace 7000' above KCFO. When arriving or departing VFR remain at or below 6900'.
Have a safe and enjoyable flight.